|MAKEMONEY - click here||$700 for the first 50 deliveries||Never|
|EARNMONEY - click here||$700 for the first 50 deliveries||Never|
- 1 How to become a Postmates Driver in San Luis Obispo
- 2 Hourly pay as a Postmates Driver
- 3 How do you receive your pay?
- 4 How do tips work for a Postmates Driver
- 5 How else can you increase your earnings as a Postmates Driver?
- 6 Incentives for Postmates Drivers after you learn how to become a Postmates Driver in San Luis Obispo
- 7 Do customers leave reviews on Postmates Drivers?
- 8 How to become a Postmates Driver in San Luis Obispo, you just have to meet a few requirements.
Want to learn How to become a Postmates Driver in San Luis Obispo? If you’re looking for a fun job, becoming a Postmates driver may be for you! Earning a living by being a Postmates driver can be super fun and incredibly rewarding. You can create a pretty good income, you’ll have tips on top of regular pay you receive from Postmates. All you have to do is be friendly and provide a fast service for your customers and you’ll get some pretty good tips. When you use a Postmates driver promo code you can get a sign of bonus!
A great thing about being a Postmates Driver is you get to set your own hours! Hate having to wake up to an alarm clock? Well being a Postmates driver may be for you. With this job you can either work in the morning or work in the evenings. It’s all up to you.
Imagine as a Postmates driver you receive a notification on your phone saying a customer wants food from a fast food restaurant just 5 minutes from your house. All you’ll have to do is confirm the order, go ahead and pick up the order. Now you just deliver the meal to the customer. The time you just spent on this order is maybe 15 minutes or so. You get the money for the pickup and for the delivery of the order. Also, you get paid a variable amount depending on your city, per mile traveled and wait time at the restaurant. On-top of all of that don’t forget you also get a tip! If you do a few orders like this per hour you can make a pretty good income as a driver.
Hourly pay as a Postmates Driver
They don’t pay hourly. They pay their Drivers by order. It’s possible to do enough orders to earn up to $25 per hour. There’s many factors that come into play for this to happen. The amount of orders you get and the amount of the tips you’ll receive. The amount of hours you travel will also become a factor.
How do you receive your pay?
Your paychecks will be sent to you through direct deposit. When you create your account you’ll be asked to provide your banking information. This is to make sure you get paid. All of the money you make including your tips will be transferred to your bank account within four to seven days after completing the deliveries. What you make per order will depend on the city that you are located in. Postmates of course does provide information about what each city will pay out. You can view the information here.
Each orders pay is also calculated by using the following points.
- For each completed pick up
- Every completed drop off
- Minutes spent waiting to pick up at each location
- Per mile rate for distance traveled between pick up and drop off locations
- During peak business hours there may also be a surge bonus shown when you accept the delivery offers.
For an example on how this works we can take a look at random city. The pay formula for a driver will look similar to this.
- $0.90 for each completed pickup
- $0.90 for each completed drop off
- $0.10 per minute spent waiting at the pickup location
- $.0.55 per mile spent traveling between pickup and drop off locations
There is of course a minimum base payout of $4 per route as well this does not include tips and bonuses.
How do tips work for a Postmates Driver
Simply providing friendly and fast service can increase you chances of having a real nice tip with your order deliveries as a Postmates Driver. After every delivery you complete, the customer will get a notification asking them to provide feedback and to leave an optional tip. You get to keep 100% of any tips that you receive. This helps to make all of your pay outs really hefty. So it’s very important that you delivery fast and make sure you’re as friendly as possible. Make sure your customers are very happy.
How else can you increase your earnings as a Postmates Driver?
There is actually a few ways you can increase your pay even more as a Postmates Driver. Here is a list of ideas to do just that. All part of how to become a Postmates Driver in San Luis Obispo
- You can accept more than 1 delivery at a time. Multiple orders to pickup in an areas where all the restaurants are neighboring each other can help. You can cut time driving around by simply picking up all the orders before you deliver. You just have to make sure you delivery all of the orders in the same order you accepted them.
- There is a setting in your fleet app that is called “Auto-Accept”, this allows you new deliveries to be accepted and added to your route automatically. this definitely helps maximize your income since you’ll get orders lines up faster.
- Make sure you always work during peak hours. The busiest times of the day to eat is the best time to start accepting orders. For example everyday from 10:30 a.m to 1:30 p.m and 5:30 p.m to 8:30 p.m, but also keep your eye out for blitz pricing also known as surge prices. The amount customers pay during those times is slightly higher than normal.
- Keep an eye on the map section of your fleet app, and look for dark red locations. When an area has a dark red location this is called a “hot spot”. This is where you’ll have a much higher chance of receiving a delivery offer.
Incentives for Postmates Drivers after you learn how to become a Postmates Driver in San Luis Obispo
There is incentives that Postamtes has that can help you also increase your income. This is for drivers who want to perform their job well. If you complete 25 deliveries or more within a months time you will receive free Postmates Unlimited subscription. If you complete at least 10 deliveries in a given week, you will qualify for PerkSpot the week that follows. this will grant you access to benefits from both local and national shops. Last but not least Postmates offers other types of bonuses and incentives that they will notify the drivers with via email, sms, or the fleet app. Keep an eye out for all that as well as a Postmates Driver. This is 1 of many great tips after you learn how to become a Postmates Driver in San Luis Obispo.
Do customers leave reviews on Postmates Drivers?
Yes, customers do leave reviews. It is also very important to make sure you have a good rating score as a Postmates Driver. This is key in being successful. If your score begins to drop you risk having your account suspended. You can consult the market information page via their support page to see the required feedback score for your city. Since each city will be different. However all you have to do to receive good reviews is to just be friendly and provide the best and fastest service. Do that and your guaranteed to receive a good review. This is of course all part of how to become a Postmates Driver in in San Luis Obispo.
This are some methods to secure a good rating score after you learn how to become a Postmates Driver in San Luis Obispo
- Make sure you are polite and courteous when you deal with every customer you deliver to. Greet them properly and thank them for using the service.
- If any issues come up like an item being unavailable and substitution is need or even order delays, ,make sure you inform them with a call or a text.
- A very important factor is to make sure you keep the presentation in mind. Keep the hot or cold foods in the proper bags until they’re ready for the customers.
- Keep an eye on the time. Make sure you deliver everything on time or sooner, but don’t speed as you can get pulled over and actually cause the delivery to take longer to complete. If you do everything in a timely fashion this also opens up time to keep accepting more orders, increasing your income. It’s a win win.
- Triple check your orders when you pick them up just to make sure your orders are accurate. This makes sure your customer will be very happy with the service.
While working on your orders as a Postmates Driver, keep these factors in mind and you will provide the best experience for your customers. This will ensure you great reviews. Great reviews means you’ll have a great income.
How to become a Postmates Driver in San Luis Obispo, you just have to meet a few requirements.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- You must have a valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle, or access to a bicycle if you would prefer.
- Need to be able to pass a background check performed by Postmates when you apply for the position.
To get started just visit the Postmates Driver application page on their website. You’ll set up an account and you’ll be asked to verify your identity. Just make sure you use your legal name and real information. You’ll also need to provide a picture of yourself as well as part of How to become a Postmates Driver in San Luis Obispo. It will have to be taken from the shoulders up. The company will run background check to approve you and send you everything you’ll need like a credit card you’ll use to pick up orders on the job. You’ll be able to do this on iOS and Android so don’t worry about that.
That’s all you’ll need to get started in your venture on becoming a Driver. If you need any kind of support from them contact their support team. They’ll be there to help you with any issues you may run into.. Postmates will have your back at all times. That is just about all you need to know about how to become a Postmates Driver in San Luis Obispo.
How did you like our article on How to become a Postmates Driver in San Luis Obispo?